I created the Chatter Box Film site near the end of October 2021. It’s been great being able to talk to so many other people about movies and tv shows, as well as creating articles; to help spread reliable information.
In 2021, the site has reached 10k visits, during the last 3 months of the year. Now, this year has seen the same numbers reached; with another 10k views. Bringing it to a total of 20k views to the site!
My tips for reaching an audience.
- Write about content you’re passionate about.
- Research into your niche and keep it consistent.
- Create interesting titles that could bring in more people to read your articles. Just try to avoid misleading clickbait!
- Build an organic following on Social networks. I mostly use Twitter, but have now branched out to instagram, tiktok, reddit and facebook groups.
- Share the links on social media to the following that you’ve built.
- Communicate with others, about the topics that you’re interested in.
- Post reguarly.
- Work on your SEO skills
- I use the YOAST SEO plugin for WordPress, although there are others. This allows me to apply keywords, add image previews/meta descriptions and titles for social media. Also, this plugin can give guidance on improving post structures.
- Use bold text in posts to highlight important information for your readers to spot easily.
- Use headings: H1 – H6 where appropriate in posts as another way of highligting to certain parts of the article.
- For images that are not decorative to the site. Write ALT text descriptions and titles. This will help search engines identify your image.
- Use Google Search Console and enter your sitemaps into it. This will improve your chances of your webpages being indexed. There is also an option to request indexing too.
- Create backlinks: other credible sites linking your website to theirs to generate traffic
- Apply Inbound links within your articles to connect your pages up and get crawled by search engine bots quicker.
- Include Outbound links in your articles.
These are the tips that I can think of for now. I’m still learning, but I’m proud of what I’ve been able to achieve so far!